September 26, 2012

Ahh, wall drawing completed.

At first I was concerned this wasn't going to work out.. as the piece was layered with several different paper types and the glue (although quite effective) would only adhere to the base of the drawing. With this said, I was VERY thankful to have my father, the helper by my side.
A lot of the time, I am far too gentle in my approach and was failing in my attempt to control the outcome of this project. Dad grabbed a brush and did not hold back, slopping generous amounts of glue over the pages. The pages ripped and the letters smudged, dirt from the wall mixed through the glue as I got my hands dirty sealing the edges. Still, it's therapeutic to walk away from something not so perfect, and happily bear the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment